Customised Bags and Rewind Film
Econic can be made to order in a variety of sizes to suit the functionality and aesthetics required for specific products, brands, production lines and packing processes. The finished packs can include features such as compostable zip seal closures, bottom gussets, four side seals, tear notches, angle seals, hang sells and degassing valves for fresh roasted coffee. We can also cater for specific packaging requirements such as high clarity, flow wrapping, vacuum packing and customised barrier properties.
Our constantly evolving Econic range includes EconicClear and EconicKraft.
EconicClear has been purpose-designed to help boost the branding and shelf appeal of the packaged product by allowing it to be visible to consumers prior to purchase. EconicClear is available as ready-made bags and rewind, with a gloss or matt finish and varying degrees of clarity. It is not suitable at this stage for products requiring a high moisture barrier, like coffee and drinking chocolate. A moisture-resistant version of EconicClear is also available for meat and other wet products that require a short shelf life. You can read more about moisture-resistant EconicClear here.
EconicKraft offers a winning combination of internal metalized high oxygen and moisture barrier properties with a natural-looking `paper’ outer. It can be surface-printed and is ideal for dry foods and storage environments.
All our Econic offerings can be custom printed with our multiple-award winning high quality eight-colour flexographic printing, which has won us 14 gold medals in the prestigious New Zealand printing industry Pride in Print Awards and numerous silver and highly commended awards in both New Zealand and Australia.
Econic rewind and customised printing, sizes and features are available on request here.
Easy Low Risk Trials
Trialling Econic packaging is really easy and economical. We can provide you with plain packs that you can trial in the marketplace with no upfront investment required for artwork or printing. All you need to do is add your company label to the packs and see what your customers say. Our technical team are happy to help you trial the packs through your supply chain and will advise you on the best way to seal and pack to suit your production process. You can contact our technical team here
If you are based in New Zealand or Australia and want to trial Econic in your business, we are happy to send you a free sample pack. You can order your free sample pack here
Plain Ready-Made Bags
Plain Econic packs are ideal for businesses wanting an economical high quality compostable pack. You can add your own label and do your own filling and sealing. Econic packs are available to purchase off-shelf in a varying range of styles and sizes.
Our Standard Stock Range Includes:
- EconicKraft bags in small (approx. 200g), medium (approx. 500g) and large (approx. 1kg) sizes
- Econic matt black bag (small size only)
- EconicClear pouch in small and medium sizes
- Econic matt black pouch in small and medium sizes
Please note: If you are putting non-compostable labels on plain Econic bags you will need to peel these off before composting the bag.
Optional Special Features
- Compostable Zip Lock Closures–Widely believed to be the world’s first compostable zip-lock closure, these convenient closures make it easy for users to open and close the bags, and protect the contents from spills and moisture. Available for bottom-gusset applications with a minimum opening of 100mm. If you have any questions about how these closures will work on your bags please contact our technical team here.
- Degassing Valves – Venting valves can be added to Econic packs to release the gasses generated by fresh ground coffee and beans. We recommend that you let fresh roasted coffee rest before packing if possible. Our technical team are happy to help you trial the packs through your supply chain and will advise you on the best way to pack to suit your roasting process. You can contact our technical team here.
Other Compostable Packaging Options
Econic is one of several compostable packaging options developed and/or manufactured by Convex. These options include a high clarity moisture-resistant compostable film called EcoClear™ for packing short shelf-life salad greens and produce. You can read more about EcoClear here. To view our other compostable packaging options please click here.